Saturday, March 20, 2010

Moss Covered Monogram Letter

I have "oooed and ahhhd" over mossy monograms for months now. They are really popular for weddings right now, but I wanted one in my own home. When I saw a sale in Kohl's for monogram letters for $5, I knew exactly what I wanted to do! It only took two packs of moss (Hobby Lobby) and a few glue sticks to create my new love!

I did have an "Oh no, what have I done??" moment at one point...

Extra hot glue and scissors trimmed it up nicely and the final product looks like...

I am thrilled to have something like this that I can leave out all spring and summer long!! The best part - they are selling on Etsy for $50 or more. I made this one for under $12.

4 comments:

The Ortiz's said...

Great Job Laurie!! It is going to look awesome. The bad thing about having an "O" for an initial...even if I bought the letter it will always look like a wreath!

Jennifer said...

Beautiful! I'm so impressed!!

Unknown said...

I love it!! Thanks so much for the idea!! I love your blog too! It is always fun to see the crafts you do! I have a Hobby Lobby right down the road! I cannot stay out of there! Please keep the good ideas coming!

Unknown said...

Great idea! I love it when you can incorporate a natural look with great things like monograms.