Friday, June 11, 2010

Show Us Your Life - China Patterns

Jon's favorite color is purple. The first china pattern that jumped out at me had a royal blue trim and I just knew Jon would love it. For whatever reason, he did not and said that we needed something that would go with everything. What a GREAT call on his part! We ended up choosing Lenox Corrinet Platinum.

Honestly, I thought a few times "Do I even need fine china?? Aren't there other things I should be registering for?" However, my Mom, who is always right, reminded me that this was the only time in my life where people would buy me such nice things for my home and I would probably regret not registering for it. In our three years of marraige we have only eaten off these dishes ONE time and that was this past New Years Eve. I guess this means I need to have my friends over for dinner!

Now, for my everyday china... We chose Vietri Incanto.

I instantly fell in love with these dishes. They were expensive, but they were dish washer safe and so many other Brides in my hometown had registered for them, I figured they were a good thing! Wrong wrong wrong!! They are NOT dish washer safe no matter what the company says. Half of my pieces are chipped and yesterday a light plate fell on the one I was putting dinner on and guess which one broke into pieces?? The Vietri plate. I desperately need to buy a new, cheaper set that IS dish washer safe! Thanks for stopping by - let me know if you have an everyday set of dishes that you love!

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Love your stuff!!! Vietri is so beautiful!!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love your pattern. Great blog...Bookmarking it so
I can come back and read more.

Hope you will stop by and read about our Disney Cruise and I have a GOOD giveaway that I am drawing for on Monday.

http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/