Friday, March 26, 2010

Show Your Life - Cleaning Tips



My cleaning tip actually has to do with cleaning silver jewelry, or anything silver for that matter like serving pieces. It's especially great when you want to clean a mass amount at one time. The three things you need are...
Baking Soda

Alluminum Foil

Boiling Water

A container to put your jewelry in, like a pyrex dish


Directions:
1)Begin boiling your water (enough to almost fill the pyrex dish).
2)Layer the bottom and sides of your pyrex dish with alluminum foil.
3)Place silver jewelry inside the dish on top of the alluminum foil.
4)Sprinkle silver items with baking soda.
5)Once water is boiling good, poor into dish and watch your silver things become clean and beautiful instantly!! No scrubbing needed. It is so much easier than using silver cleaner! It also helps to clean diamonds so I always put my wedding set in when I do this.

I hope I've made your life just a little easier!!! I can't wait to sit down and read everyone's tips later tonight!

2 comments:

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

Sounds great- I can't wait to try this!

Laceydoo said...

That's such a good idea! I want to clean my silver before we move (or after) and was dreading it. That silver cleaner smells awful! I can't wait to try it!