Friday, January 6, 2012

Jack's birth

When you have your first baby 3 1/2 weeks early, you just get the idea that all pregnancies are going to happen that way. WRONG! As my stomach grew and grew and I began to get more uncomfortable each day, we all thought Jack would be here before Halloween. That day came and we thought surely it would happen soon. I looked like this just before delivery

I felt like this!

Honestly I can't tell much of a difference between the two pictures! HA!
My due date was the 19th and before we knew it, that day was quickly approaching. Dr. Collins said we could plan for an induction or wait to see how things went naturally, but with Thanksgiving being the following week I felt better knowing that Dr. Collins would deliver Jack. He first checked to see if November 11th was available, but with that being 11-11-11 he said there were tons of mommies wanting to be induced that day so we took the first avaiable spot. After picking up Krispy Kreme donuts for the nurses station we headed to the hospital at midnight. Let me back up - before we left I had a minor meltdown. I started remembering the pain of having Grace, the 18 hours it took to get her out, and then already missing Grace, who was in good hands with Nana and Grand Dad was just more than I could take. There wasn't much time for a complete "come apart" and that was probably a good thing!
We arrived at the hospital, filled out paperwork and before I knew it two hours had flown by before they even got things going. Things calmed down around 3:00am and we both got some sleep. Some where between 4:00 and 5:00am my water broke. I slept a little more but by 10:00 or 11:00 I was really feeling the contractions! The first epidural I received worked wonders and I got another short nap, but once it wore off the following epidurals just didn't seem to take much affect. By noon I was at 6 cm and my mom and Jon's mom decided to go grab a bite to eat. I warned them not to and as soon as they left they checked me again and I was at 10cm! I think I started pushing around 2:00 and at 2:41 Jack was born!






No comments: