Thursday, December 3, 2009

Show Us Your Life Friday - Christmas Trees



 I had so much fun with the last one, I decided to show my life again! This week Kelly's theme is Christmas trees. We went with a smaller, fake tree bought a few years ago in an effort to save money this year. I was dreading it, I did not think it was going to look good at all. Boy was I wrong! I was pleasantly surprised! It left plenty of room for a new, glitzy tree topper that I don't know what to call other than "fireworks!" Here she is!!!


I really like to keep it traditional and use only ornaments given to us or that mean something special instead of going with a particular color scheme.


Close up of the fireworks


Some of my favorite ornaments


I made this in kindergarten! I let my 5th graders make this now and they love it! You just wrap yarn around a pre-cut small paper plate and decorate. By the way, MOM! What were you thinking with these bangs???



Jon's Dad gave us this the Christmas I was pregnant with Grace



I found this cheerleader with angel wings several years ago. How odd, I thought, but I couldn't help but think of who it reminded me of. Lindsey Wilson, a high school friend of mine (and someone I cheered with), died in a car accident the summer before my sophomore year. When I bought this ornament I bought one for her mother, too. She is always the highest ornament on my tree.





5 comments:

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

Beautiful! I think your money-saving-with-fireworks tree looks fantastic! :)

Anonymous said...

Mrs.Mills,
When you said "but I couldn't help but think of who it reminded me of. Lindsey Wilson, a high school friend of mine (and someone I cheered with), died in a car accident the summer before my sophomore year." I was really really sad. By the way i love your Christmas Tree,Its very pretty.

Your Student,
Courtney Edwards

Kristi said...

Beautiful...the "fireworks" are so cool! Christmas blessings to you!

aLena said...

BEAUTIFUL Christmas Tree topper ... your tree looks fabulous, especially when lit up!!!

Cute ornaments!

Check mine out @ http://alenamanuylov.blogspot.com/

Merry Christmas!

Libbie said...

Where have I been? I didn't realize I had missed so much! Your tree is GORGEOUS! I love the fireworks on top! I have never even seen that! Good job!