Sunday, January 31, 2010

80 Weeks

I just noticed an email on my phone from one of the baby websites I had signed up for when I was pregnant with Grace. Apparently she is 80 weeks old!

Yesterday I saw someone post on Facebook that he didn't understand why a mother referred to her child as a 17 month old. He's single with no kids, so I understand that he just doesn't "get it." Before baby, I even wondered the same thing myself. Although I usually tell people that Grace is a year and a half old instead of how many months she is, I completely, completely understand now why so many moms do this until their child is two and even after. I remember as I was being rolled into my recovery room after I had Grace my mom saying "Now your heart lives out of your body!" I was totally out of it but I do remember this clearly and it means so much more to me now that I've experienced 19 months, or 80 weeks of motherhood. Grace is my life. I worry about her more than I have ever worried about anything and I could never, ever leave her if it weren't for the fact that I KNOW my God is in control and can take better care of her than I ever could. Every day of my baby's life is so special, so momentous. To say "Oh, my baby is a year old" just doesn't quite describe the age or stage Grace is at. So to my beautiful angel, Happy 19 months or 80 weeks!! And just to show you how talented she is, I give you this....

1 comment:

magan said...

she is so cute