Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day!

Happy Memorial Day! Today I would like to tell you about someone who has a special place in my heart. His name is Josh Rath and I got to know him well when we were lifeguards at Point Mallard Waterpark. He was outgoing, friendly, hilarious and extremely handsome! Most importantly, he served God his entire life and this was evident to anyone who spent five minutes with him.

After high school he enlisted in the Army with a good friend. His time in the army was almost done when God called him home on January 8, 2009 when a bomb exploded in Afghanistan. He was 22 years old. My words can not begin to adequately thank his family, his fiance, Kim, or Josh for his life. He made the ultimate sacrifice to keep us safe. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! He touched so many lives while here on earth and I will never forget him.

No comments: